The modern digital era has made almost everything available and accessible at a few taps on our smartphones. Be it purchasing electronics, ordering groceries, or any other product, all it requires is to follow four simple steps- open the app/browse the website, select the product, enter the required delivery details, and make payment. But have you ever wondered, how that product reaches your doorsteps?
Well, it’s the logistics and transportation system that is responsible for the delivery of goods from the warehouse or vendor’s place to your provided address. Now this is not as easy as it seems to be; one has to have a huge team of professionals to perform various operations involved for the movement of goods from one place to the other. Earlier, most of the businesses were following traditional ways of parcel delivery, which was one of the major reasons behind the increased shipping cost, delayed deliveries, and other delivery-related challenges.
Gradually, businesses started to upgrade their parcel delivery systems to ensure on-time deliveries and deliver an unmatched customer experience. Adopting various parcel delivery software and other technologies were a choice ahead businesses; but the Covid-19 pandemic and imposed lockdown as well as restrictions have made it a necessity to shift to online platforms and leverage technology-backed platforms for running logistics and transport operations.
Why does your business need parcel delivery software?
The trend of same-day and next-day deliveries are creating an urgency for the businesses to digitize their parcel delivery operations to meet customers’ expectations at minimal cost. Apart from this, here are some statistics that would justify why it is mandatory to opt for digital platforms-
- According to Pitney Bowes, the worldwide parcel volume is expected to hit 200 billion a year (more than double of what it was in 2018) by 2025.
- As per Accenture, 66% of the millennial online shoppers say they want eCommerce sites to offer a 1-hour delivery option in metropolitan areas.
- The report by Accenture also revealed that 29% of shoppers have changed a delivery time or location. A further 50% would do so, if available.
- 90% of the shoppers track the delivery status of their online orders and believe delivery needs to fit in with their hectic lifestyles. (Source: Accenture)
- 27% of the US shoppers abandoned an order because same-day delivery wasn’t available.
Adopting an express delivery software would not only prepare your business to meet the growing demands of customers, but also help it to cope with these barriers-
- Lost packages
- Delayed deliveries
- Manual segregation of parcels
- High driver overturn
- Real-time visibility on the parcels
- Inability to deliver unmatched customer experience
- High delivery cost
By streamlining and automating your parcel delivery or last-mile delivery processes or operations, it would also reduce your dependency on human professionals. Now when you know enough about parcel delivery software, let’s help you with choosing the best parcel delivery software.
Which is the best parcel delivery software?
Since every business has different needs; so a single courier delivery software cannot be an apt choice for everyone. You have to find the one that can be customized as per your particular requirements. Moreover, it should also have top-notch features and functionality for optimizing operations, scheduling dispatches, tracking performance and orders, and collecting customer feedback.
Apart from that, the software should be easy to integrate with your existing ERP/SAP systems. Instead of purchasing a dedicated parcel delivery software or express delivery software, you can also purchase Shipsy’s logistics management software, which would help you to streamline your overall logistics operations.